• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the multi-fuel engine on a Deuce

Micmada

Can you use synthetic used oil, or will it not burn?
Warning:
I tired to use jet airplane synthetic oil and it does not burn, can hydro lock engine . But it did increase compression ratio in small quantity and increased power. Not recommended at allthough

dmetalmiki

NOT a good idea running on petrol!. (strictly emergency only..(WITH some oil added)).
Petrol is more 'explosive'...And the popping sound is pre-ignition, Or 'pinking' as was known in the old days of low grade fuel.
Hi octane fuel has 'Bang restraint' if you like.
Low octane does not, So detonates too soon in the compression cycle..Often igniting before the spark plug fires it off when the engine is hot in petrol engines with a compression ratio of 7 to 1 or so upwards.
To run it in a modern high compression car ( 9 or 10 or so..) the ignition would have to be retarded.. .( ..Like the ..driver! ).
SO....juss' imagine....You shove petrol in yer' Mulitfuel with a compression ratio of..OVER 22 to one!!!..Well, think about it Fuel density compensater or no!
By the time the fuel density compensater has compensated 'enough'..the engine has the pulling power of....."Rice pudd"!.
Diesel has a cetane rating.
Petrol = 'Bang'....................brief short power in the stroke. (Shock heat stress).
Diesel = 'Slow burn'...........power over all the stroke. Smooth long and reasonably cushioned.
Those running with ATF added NOTICE the improved cushioning and smoothness together with more power.
In other words... Ya' get's MORE bang for your buck, (As I do with),
CLEAN contam, (Wrong fuel put in nicely by folk's in their cars), Plus With Filtered waste ATF and hydraulic oil, And Waste (CLEAN) Cable oil.
All that, AND more Miles to the gallon.
I hope that helps.
OH!, And Waste engine oil?...Na'hh, Never.

ToddJK

I have ran 100% gas before, but it's not as efficient as diesel and it is harder on the IP if no oil is added. However, if you do run gas, it's better to run 2 cycle gas basically, add oil to it. I personally prefer to run more wmo than anything as it's free to get and if need be, I'll get some gas to add to it to thin it some. You can also do the same if you can find some waste cleaning solvents, but stuff like that will have a lot.of contamination so it needs to be filtered extremely well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks