• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The NASA Truck

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
How is your clearance between the truck rear wheels and the trailer landing gear? My M931A2 14.00 tires contact the landing gear feet when turning.
Looks like he as removed the feet/pads to keep this from happening.

nasa.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Due to it's relative proximity to our LZ, I have often watched auctions at Holloman AFB and the adjacent White Sands Missile Test Range. NASA has had a long standing presence there and some very interesting MVs used by them have been auctioned complete with the classic NASA logos.
Holloman was also an alternate/emergency landing strip for the Space Shuttle program. Equiptmen from that defunct program is usually in UNUSED but "weathered" condition.

Carry on.

amgeneral72

So isn't the movie set in the 60's?
Yes

Originally they contacted me wanting a nice Duce tractor. I told them "good luck" in the time frame they gave me. They also wanted the trailer. So I sent them a picture of the M931 with the trailer and the production staff said " oh that looks great ".

WP_20160405_19_18_16_Pro.jpgWP_20160405_19_19_22_Pro.jpg

I explained to them that the time period of the trailer was correct, but not the truck. Of course they didn't seem to care because 99% of people out there wouldn't know anyway.

Last edited:

amgeneral72

The movie industry never lets facts get in the way of the story.
I have learned that is so true no matter what.

But it has always been that way. I was watching a John Wane movie a few weeks ago set in WWII and they were using M38A1 and M151 Jeeps.

And a few days ago I got a call & they wanted to know if I had any Jeeps they could use for a Military scene set in the mid 1930's.

Anyone see a problem with that?

m715mike

I have learned that is so true no matter what.

But it has always been that way. I was watching a John Wane movie a few weeks ago set in WWII and they were using M38A1 and M151 Jeeps.

And a few days ago I got a call & they wanted to know if I had any Jeeps they could use for a Military scene set in the mid 1930's.

Anyone see a problem with that?

Jeeps in the 1930's.... Nothing sounds odd there. :-D

I just hope my large popcorn is not 1930's vintage!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks