• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The new guy from Central Calif.

Abert

I just wanted to say hello, and that this site is awsome. I've been lurking around for about a month and a half in the deuce section and also reading the TM's. well thinking that im almost prepaired to start looking for a deuce to purchase and bob i find a decent looking 5 ton while driving to sacramento, so now I'm conflicted. I guess its time to do more reaserch.

Attachments

marcinsandpoint

welcome....:beer: from concord and north idaho.. this is a great place to get help... even for the OD metal addiction there is a 800# for counseling if you need it... you will need it here it is anyway 1-800-buy-more...

Seth_O

...im almost prepaired to start looking for a deuce to purchase and bob i find a decent looking 5 ton while driving to sacramento, so now I'm conflicted. I guess its time to do more reaserch.
Welcome from Sacramento. I went through this same dilemma, and ultimately purchased a deuce. It was definitely the right decision. I am not a big guy (5'9" and 160lbs) and the deuce is right at the edge of my ability to work on just from a size standpoint. EVERYTHING is 2x heavier than it needs to be. Double that to a 5 ton and all the sudden not only is everything heavy, it's too heavy to move by yourself.

Abert

I know that I should have been better prepaired with obtaining info on the truck im my pictures of the 5 ton I found for sale. I would aprecieate any direction to the model number. I am about 2 hours from this truck and dont have time to go climb over it and give it a twice or hundred over-under and around to look at the data plate again.(should have taken a picture)aua