• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The 'New Guy', looking for suggestions!

Deuce-bigalo

Good day to all of you out there in the Deuce thread of SS! I just came across your BBS and have found heaven! I am located in Phoenix, AZ and have been keeping an eye out on the govliquidation site for the right deuce for me. Not previously owning one of these (yet having the incredible 'kid in a candy store' feeling of giddyness) I wish to pick your brains on what to look for when purchasing a M35a2. What should I look for? What do you recommend NOT getting? I have found several on there I like, I want a multifuel and definately a whistler or a turbo (not sure if the same thing!) Is there a specific engine to stay away from?

I don't want to go with the bridge transport as I want something street legal and not have restrictions on width or length. Are parts plentiful for the M35A2? Are they real expensive to own (aside from fuel costs.) I think I have settled on a drop side or a cargo body style. I am thinking the '68 to '85 era - either Kaiser or AM General. Here is a good example of what I have liked: http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=529361

I have always loved these trucks and now I have decided to see about picking one up. I just think they are the funnest to have around! [^]

I really appreciate your input and I plan to buy one in about 2-3 months or so. I have been looking around AZ to purchase, and definately need to find something I can drive home and have focused on CA, NM, and CO. This way it's not a cross country trip! I am sure these get about 5 miles to the gallon if that and I wish to hear of your first buys and what you might have done differently! I am interested in soaking up as much info as possible. This is going to be a project to restore and have fun with that my father-in-law (former USMC sniper) and I will tackle!

Sorry if I seem to be excitable about this, however I never imagined I would find so many others who are just as nuts for these things as I am!

If you want, drop me an e-mail if you have lengthy suggestions or wish to just BS about Deuces!

P.S - Took me a while to come up with the screen-name as I could not change it once registered. Hope it's not to offensive!

Thanks for all your help and suggestions in advance! [:)]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks