• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The on-going project

Brentzilla

Here are some of the old and new pictures. Not bad for less than a month!
More parts are in the works including going up to Winslow's hopefully next week for the bed swap.

Thanks to bulldog_mack13, wb1985, and Pete at Winslow's for all of their help so far.

Paint was Kimball Midwest Flat Tan spray paint, wheels and exhaust were Rustoleum 500 degree High Heat Paint. Im going to do more of the underbody but I ran out of paint!

Attachments

Last edited:

asgtoolman

Yours is looking good-:evil:-just don't take up too much of Pete's time-:evil:-he started bobbing mine 8 days ago and promised me a "rolling chassis" by this Friday when I go back to Halifax-maybe we'll meet up at the farm one day and can compare notes!
Pete and John are so easy to work with, aren't they? What an asset to have here in the Carolinas!
By the way, where is your fuel tank?

Brentzilla

Fuel tank's gotta be in the bed.
Yep, Im gonna have it moved back down when the 105 is installed. The truck and trailer prob wont make it to Pete's untill next week or so since the Deuce doesnt have a hitch, I have to make one trip with the trailer and my other truck, then a second with the Deuce. :?

Im happy with the paint, the hood needs a little more touch up work though

jasonn

looks cool too. did it quiet the truck down when you ran the exhaust out the back? my friend put a huge muffler on his and it made no difference at all.

Brentzilla

The rear hubs are flipped if thats what your asking (it was done before I bought it) Also I have been told is a little quieter with the exhaust back there but that also was done before I got it so I have nothing to compare it with, sorry.

jasonn

Wheels: I was actually wondering if something had been done to the wheels I have seen the stock wheels with changed off set I didn't know if that's what you did here

Brentzilla

I got one of the two trailers down to my place today and the truck goes for the bed swap this week. Thanks to Jay and Pete with the help!

I had to pull with my Jimmy since the Deuce wont have a hitch and air lines until next week or two when the bed swap should be done as well. The Jimmy with 168k miles can pull 4000 lbs supposedly and the trailer was 2700 lbs, but I had just a tad of oil coming out of the exhaust and a little smoke off the block (burning oil Im guessing) so it was rough on him. I threw towing lights on the back for safety.

In a couple months I should have a trailer just like this for sale if anyone is interested BTW, PM me if you want more details. Also the frame and tires from this will be for sale if you wanna build your own trailer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks