• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The price of a/c

Reworked LMTV

Everyone has different needs. For year round Overlanding, get the A/C. For occasional use, use whatever. Look at the nice vents Sean added too.

I have a 2nd gen. Bought for $400-500. Now the price is much higher. Honestly, get 33.lk btu at the best price you can and call it a day. If I was doing it again I might even put a split in the cab, but then I will have 7.2 kW solar. Yes, I said 7.2 kW.

Last edited:

coachgeo

...I might even put a spit in the cab..
... Yes, I said 7.2 kW.
7.2kw?? 7,200 watts in solar panels? are you pulling a trailer with fold out flower petals full of solar panels and portables to go on the peremeter of that?? or you meant 7.2kw hours (kwh) in battery storage orr?

Spit? guessing that was intended to be "split" as in "mini-split"

Reworked LMTV

Split, not spit. I guess if you spit a while you could cool off :)

Yes, 7200 watts in panels : ) Outback and Midnight Solar. Why so much? Why not? Having had solar for years, I have my logic ; )

coachgeo

Split, not spit. I guess if you spit a while you could cool off :)

Yes, 7200 watts in panels : ) Outback and Midnight Solar. Why so much? Why not? Having had solar for years, I have my logic ; )
How do you fit that much on the rig? that is SEVENTY TWO 100w solar panels (granted you probably not using 100w panels but still its not that much difference in size ).

I got ten 100w panels and its rack is probably going to have to stick out over end of my ambo box so am totally confused

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone notice this at Coldmaster:

$680 on sale now....

It might be a challenge to fit the vent/blower unit (32" wide x 14" deep x 6" high), but sounds like it's at least the correct capacity.

ramdough

Did anyone notice this at Coldmaster:

$680 on sale now....

It might be a challenge to fit the vent/blower unit (32" wide x 14" deep x 6" high), but sounds like it's at least the correct capacity.
Great price!

Maybe you could make an overhead console out of the evaporator? It looks thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone needs to post the bracket design in CAD format. Any fab shop could make one up. If I get a chance before my other truck sells, I'll pull the bracket and do just that.

I'll also document the simple process of modding a generic Red Dot bracket found from any parts source.

I'm sorry, but people charging $300-$500 for an $80 bracket is simply a scam, IMO.

Everything else to AC the truck can be found online for cheap...

Funny, I have been looking for the CAD design as well, anybody ever make or find this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks