• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the question about fuel adjustment screw of cucv 6.2 diesel engine

dougco1

I don't have an answer as to why it reduces the noise. I just know when I flipped the air inlet to the drivers side it cut down on the noise. Attaching some sort of an air induction hose to the air cleaner housing helps as well.
Maybe it just wasn't seated properly or tight enough the other way. I was missing 1 wing nut and the remaining nut was loose. That made a huge difference when I replaced it.
I also found a few holes in the fire wall. One from a missing wire grommet and the other from a torn speed cable grommet. A few squirts of a black urethane caulk and I can now hear myself think.

LT67

Maybe it just wasn't seated properly or tight enough the other way. I was missing 1 wing nut and the remaining nut was loose. That made a huge difference when I replaced it.
I also found a few holes in the fire wall. One from a missing wire grommet and the other from a torn speed cable grommet. A few squirts of a black urethane caulk and I can now hear myself think.
Nope, everything was tight and nothing missing... again, Idk why it reduces intake noise when the air inlet is on the drivers side🤷‍♂️

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks