• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The sickness continues

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a first for me, I now have deuces sitting in 3 different states that I bought! Hasn't anyone found the cure for this disease yet? :razz:

Sumoman

Ahhh, just might be me but what good does a Deuce do you sitting in another state?

And let me be the first to say .......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nopics

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just won some of them today, now the wait for the paperwork! I'll get a group shot when I get them home.

dittle

Did you win #7055? I thought that was one of the better looking trucks (w/out SS) as far as paint job goes. Last price I saw on it was around $1200.

dittle

I think it was item #7055, I know the last 2 digits were 55 (told my neighbor to bid on that one, don't think he did as he didn't get home from work in time). The truck was on the Ripley sale.

jmh4x4

The only treatment is to give your wife control of the credit card, but that only masks the syptoms untill it flares back up, usualy resulting in multiple purchases at one time.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I'd be in more debt than I am right now if I gave my wife control of the credit card :smile:. I love buying, and the recovery is usually fun, but then that dang credit card bill comes and I wonder...now how do I pay for them??

Orionspath

It'will never Stop......

There is no cure......just a long spiral down to where you have no money but a yard full of the coolest vehicles ever built.:cookoo::rolleyes:
But......I can quit anytime I want to.

Hear hear! There is no way to stop it. In one year, I have bought 3 trucks, 11 trailers, and 2 generators. My wife told me when I buy the next one, it better have A/C, heat and a couch!
Yep, almost thought I had that OD Habit it licked. Came close yesterday just about 5pm. If it weren't for a friend of mine stopping me, my bags would have been on the front steps........Just eyed the M35A3 @ Ft. Riley. Hmmm, M35A3 now that's a bit different than my '88.........Stand by........Oh and good luck with that little sickness. You see, once bitten, you'll be hard pressed to stop.
Pete

shepsjeep

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know you have the GREEN DISEASE when:

You visit another city on vacation and you use your GPS to find all Military Surplus Stores and Military Museums!!

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could be worse, I travel alot for work, and the wife DOES have control of our finances, I've got a yard full of OD Green toys, some also live elsewhere for now, but the wife's Lionel and rail stuff collection is threatening to take over the house. Even the Rottweiler's don't know what to make of it. Especially that stupid rail crossing bank with sound "I mistakenly" bought her for Christmas. She says give up part of the barn and build her a trainroom there or put an addition on the house. So there ARE worse things than the OD Green disease, believe me..... But all kidding aside, its nice when the better half accepts your hobby. She likes it better than when I owned my own harbor tug, she NEVER knew where to look for me then, now, I'm ALWAYS in the yard or barn.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks