• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The "THING" is here.

dmetalmiki

For those that know me and All those anxiously waiting to see my latest (Let's cut down a bit read on, )...I can't wait to see the guys faces when the open the doors tomorrow..the engine is on the button, runs so sweet. The centrifuge oil filter screams like a banshee working as it should.,
More pictures tomorrow.

dmetalmiki

Ohhh, I will indeeedi !,
And, I was more then pleasantly surprised at the INSTANT start of the truck, It was well below freezing here, and it did not even rotate a quarter of a turn, Or less!.
A touch of the button, And Whump! Sweet as a nut, (Nay, 4 nuts!). And no 'hunting' whatsoever.
Unusual for these BIG V8s.
I will post more pictures and the story later today, As it is now 4-45 A.M.
Yes I've been to bed..I just arose early...Cos' Am I exited?,
Nahhh!.. :jumpin:

tinygpw11

Me being a helper/ friend of Dmetalmiki I was down at the barn yesterday to witness the unloading of the new "thing." I will not say what the new
"thing" is called as I will leave that up to Dmetalmiki to do.

Some of your may remember me as I was the kid who was injured while helping dmetalmiki, about 7-8 months ago and i haven't been on steel soldiers since.
As I haven't been on for a while I thought I would make an appearance for dmetalmiki's new truck.

dmetalmiki

OOPS!..I am already posting here, (Silly Mee!).
OK. the story.
Remember rick was buying a HUNVEE?, Well anyway he took an age for it to be prepared and it still is not here.
So as he had bragged, "Now I am getting something ;large",
OH, Really?....
Ok so as I have previously posted, I grabbed my shopping bag , popped over to Russia To a large supermarket, And purchased Two "THINGS". (Believe Me?, ( no?..Hmm, well Anyway I did not inform rick and the guys I would beat him to it in the 'Something Large' stakes,))..
So from the Eastern Block 'Somewhere' I looked for and saw two "things" abandoned and crying out for me to rescue them.
Well You know me...
First the OT 65 G FUG,
Then the KRAZ 225B.
And There is still a parts truck Kraz to bring back.
So the Kraz duly arrives about 5 P.M. Monday, And I phoned thinygpw11 and his stepdad Nathan, to come view the arrival.
They actually followed the delivery low loader up the fens to the barn.
Tinygpw11 gasped, "You said something large", Jeepers I did not expect it to be so laaaarge!", and other favorable comments which pleased me quite some.
The rig was HUGE!, and when it came to backing off my newly acquired truck, I heard worried comments from Nathan, " it's way too long you will be in the ditch"!..
Thrum thrum thrum...Tilt!..WHOOOA! shouts Nathan..THRUM THRUM THRUM, Nose going way up, THIS IS A KRAZ,
Still on the rear ramps of the low loader...And, a BIG drop Off, THIS IS A KRAZ!, THRUM THRUM THRUM!, The truck crawls down to level ground easily with those HUGE wheels.
And off I go to put it in the barn
Shucks it looks (And is way too large to fit!.
No worries we eventually get it in and can barely close the shutter.
We arranged to all meet at the barn today to move stuff around to fit it in WITH all the other vehicles there.
Rick arrived not knowing What I had bought.
His face when he stepped through the door, Priceless (Again).
+++***@@@@@???? IS THAT???..+****@@@ you are "Mr Squirrel"!.
It will jam everything up..it just isn't going to fit no way!.
HA! says I, " remember, I AM the kiddie, I HAVE the thecno, I can NOT be beat!". (Sound familiar?, Remember the M62 wrecker incident repair?).
So, Any'waze, Out came the Packard, Out came the GMC. M135, Out came the Jeep of many (Many) years.
By which time my shoulder rortator cuff is getting bad again,. So, I guide Rick into a spot with the Kraz,. Then I guide another mate Steve into a spot with the GMC M135.
All this with much a shunting of!
Rick, sore leg!. Steve sore arms. (good job I did not pursue the task with my bad shoulder.
But look at the result. We are all very pleased with the new line up.

STORY ELONGATED TO SOMEWHAT RELIEVE THE CORO BORING TIMES.
And wishing all of you safe and well in times of terrible weather conditions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OOPS!..I am already posting here, (Silly Mee!).
OK. the story.
Remember rick was buying a HUNVEE?, Well anyway he took an age for it to be prepared and it still is not here.
So as he had bragged, "Now I am getting something ;large",
OH, Really?....
Ok so as I have previously posted, I grabbed my shopping bag , popped over to Russia To a large supermarket, And purchased Two "THINGS". (Believe Me?, ( no?..Hmm, well Anyway I did not inform rick and the guys I would beat him to it in the 'Something Large' stakes,))..
So from the Eastern Block 'Somewhere' I looked for and saw two "things" abandoned and crying out for me to rescue them.
Well You know me...
First the OT 65 G FUG,
Then the KRAZ 225B.
And There is still a parts truck Kraz to bring back.
So the Kraz duly arrives about 5 P.M. Monday, And I phoned thinygpw11 and his stepdad Nathan, to come view the arrival.
They actually followed the delivery low loader up the fens to the barn.
Tinygpw11 gasped, "You said something large", Jeepers I did not expect it to be so laaaarge!", and other favorable comments which pleased me quite some.
The rig was HUGE!, and when it came to backing off my newly acquired truck, I heard worried comments from Nathan, " it's way too long you will be in the ditch"!..
Thrum thrum thrum...Tilt!..WHOOOA! shouts Nathan..THRUM THRUM THRUM, Nose going way up, THIS IS A KRAZ,
Still on the rear ramps of the low loader...And, a BIG drop Off, THIS IS A KRAZ!, THRUM THRUM THRUM!, The truck crawls down to level ground easily with those HUGE wheels.
And off I go to put it in the barn
Shucks it looks (And is way too large to fit!.
No worries we eventually get it in and can barely close the shutter.
We arranged to all meet at the barn today to move stuff around to fit it in WITH all the other vehicles there.
Rick arrived not knowing What I had bought.
His face when he stepped through the door, Priceless (Again).
+++***@@@@@???? IS THAT???..+****@@@ you are "Mr Squirrel"!.
It will jam everything up..it just isn't going to fit no way!.
HA! says I, " remember, I AM the kiddie, I HAVE the thecno, I can NOT be beat!". (Sound familiar?, Remember the M62 wrecker incident repair?).
So, Any'waze, Out came the Packard, Out came the GMC. M135, Out came the Jeep of many (Many) years.
By which time my shoulder rortator cuff is getting bad again,. So, I guide Rick into a spot with the Kraz,. Then I guide another mate Steve into a spot with the GMC M135.
All this with much a shunting of!
Rick, sore leg!. Steve sore arms. (good job I did not pursue the task with my bad shoulder.
But look at the result. We are all very pleased with the new line up.

STORY ELONGATED TO SOMEWHAT RELIEVE THE CORO BORING TIMES.
And wishing all of you safe and well in times of terrible weather conditions.
I just can't say anything much more than WOW!
Very Impressive. Soooo Neat...

tinygpw11

Dmetalmiki and I think that a road trip would be a great idea. I would be nice to meet some of you.

In fact, because of the virus, i would very much like to meet, someone, anyone, plenty of, (and more), PEOPLE!. (social interaction).
hope you are all doing well with the weather and virus situation.

On a lighter note, I think i might just put the OT 65 G FUG up for steel soldiers vehicle of the month. I mean I have done quite a lot of work on it (due to dmetalmiki's injury). Well as i have seen Dmetalmiki multiple times walking towards something with some tools in his hands... Spotted by Tinygpw the FIRST and I. So we take the tools and tell him to sit down in the house, then we continue to complete the job he attempted to sneak away with.

You know what?, I'AM going to put up "MY" OT 65 G FUG to steel soldiers vehicle of the month award.

So watch out for another post some point this week and vote for my entry.

WarHorse_Alex

Ohhh, I will indeeedi !,
And, I was more then pleasantly surprised at the INSTANT start of the truck, It was well below freezing here, and it did not even rotate a quarter of a turn, Or less!.
A touch of the button, And Whump! Sweet as a nut, (Nay, 4 nuts!). And no 'hunting' whatsoever.
Unusual for these BIG V8s.
I will post more pictures and the story later today, As it is now 4-45 A.M.
Yes I've been to bed..I just arose early...Cos' Am I exited?,
Nahhh!.. :jumpin:
That diesels are one of all russians engines, which start momentary! xDDDDD But can say - if all good with fuel and fuel supply apparatus...
And one of our engines, which can be easily start if air sucked into fuel lines - I bet that it can be started in 20 sec after dried fuel tanks and refueling....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks