• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The trip home... Finally!!

whyme

after many complications yesterday was finally the day i got to drive it home. the trip was 200 miles and took just under 7 hours with a few stops. uneventful for the most part, the first hour was quite a learning experience but i took my time and enjoyed the trip. have to bleed the brakes again as i have to pump them up for them to bite but im not losing fluid.

the ride was rough, hot, and uncomfortable. the fumes burnt my eyes and the noise was deafening. i love it!

on a side note, it was a humbling experience driving it, im not in the services however it was very uplifting to see how much respect people show for you in it. there is so much anti military and anti gov crap going around the media but honestly it seems a lot more people are in support of the troops than the public at large recognizes. frankly as i see it, i support those who fight for us regardless. and the kids love it, its awesome to see their faces as you drive by.

i want to thank Karl for all he has done for me on this. i honestly couldn't have gotten this home without his support and cant possibly thank him enough. showed me quite a few things and gave me a place to work on it. we also learned a few things together, one of which, im prone to dropping things, heavy things, on myself. hahaha.

its been quite the experience, glad i can call this community home!

Attachments

Last edited:

goodguyzy

welcome to the affliction, i too drove two m35a2 home about 8 hours each. i was "embarrassed" of everyone waving and even saluting me, but it just goes to show how much support for our troops is out there. a big THANK YOU to all that have served and are serving!

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Congratulations on your newest acquisition!! She looks great. I'm glad you had an uneventful recovery trip. Ready for truck #2? It is just a matter of time my friend...believe me:D

whyme

Congratulations on your newest acquisition!! She looks great. I'm glad you had an uneventful recovery trip. Ready for truck #2? It is just a matter of time my friend...believe me:D
already shopping. lol but ive decided to let the bank accounts recover. alot of unexpected expenses on this one. i chalk it up as a learning experience and be more prepared for the next.

and thank you to everyone!

dmetalmiki

well done

Isn't that a GREAT feeling when you drive the way home and get the looks and waves from folk.....you get that special feeling? the truck is (mebb'e) takin' care OF YOU on the drive home...I ALLWAYS get a ...lump in der' throat as I drive mine and approach home....so..enjoy the experience..(I am bidding on (yet)) ANOTHER truck...next week..and if i win..I will be "hoikin" it back with my M62 wrecker truck... I WILL post pics of that event...

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Job Dan!
I am glad that you finally got your truck home.

I got a good laugh watching you drop the master cylinder, air pack, wrenches, bolts and everything else on your self.
Your reaction time greatly improved. By the time we were done, I noticed that the heavier the item was that you dropped, the quicker you moved out of the way.

Enjoy your truck and you are welcome here anytime.
I am glad that I could help you get you first Deuce home.
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks