• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the Ural Motorcycle

tinygpw11

metalmiki reporting,
"Tiny" would have complied. But, He 'taken down' by a wrangler jeep that collided with my stationary Ural Motorcycle the kid was working on outside the shop.
Shock, Horrible for everyone.
He was to the hospital many hours, But let home with massive bruising, and a hairline fracture to his tibia,
Give him a shout guys, and a few words of support and encouragement.
D.M.

Guyfang

Staff member
Yo!!
Tiny. Keep your head up. Eyes looking straight ahead, shoulders back. We used to say, "Standing tall, and lookin good!" Get well, and you can tell us what happened. Keep in mind, such "war stories" can be used to your advantage later, when you are trying to smooth talk the young lady's. Listen to the doc's and get well. Then you can get back to work on the Ural. We still need pictures. That's a fine bike! Take care and be good partner!!

guyfang

dmetalmiki

The 'Gang here can't wait for your cheerful and dedicated approach to tasks around the place again.
Get well soon, 'TEK der pilz'💂‍♂️ I sent you, Rub in the cream, Eat, Sleep,
We will be visiting you soon.

dmetalmiki

He has a hospital visit Tuesday, I will report on the findings.
He is making slow and steady progress at home though.
I spent some time with him friday, And took the fire tuck to his home (With noises!) And an X box game to lift his spirits.

tinygpw11

My original diagnosis was just a small fracture to the left fibular, however due to my recent visit to hospital It seems much worse. After another x-ray and ct scan I have also fractured my left tibular spinal bone in two places (so its now in three pieces) as well as the original fracture. This now means I cant put any weight on my leg and have to wear a brace. I cant do any sports for 4 months and there is a possibility I will have to have surgery.

However staying positive and it surprising doesn't hurt that much so its all good.:-D
Thanks for all of your support and especially dmetalmiki for the xbox game.

tinygpw11

Thank you all for the support, I am 99% back to rights now, I am sure, helped by the "Natural supplements" that helped speed my recovery.
So today, overalls back on and bypassing the fuel density compensator on ricks truck, third attempt to stop the fuel filling the sump and diluting the engine oil.
I also disconnected the fuel flame heater.
Which was to blame?
We might reconnect the flame heater as it is nearly impossible to start the truck without it.
Wednesday we will see if it drives without filling the sump again.
D.M. took pictures of me working (Again)..All the chaps are glad I'm back. (To rights), And I am glad to be in action again.
Well..Almost.
School starts again in september, We all worry about the coro virus...
But first we are having a 'Party' at the barn to lift spirits ( Literally!, well the old chaps will be!,) at the weekend..

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on an amazing recovery!! Hadn't seen this thread before, but that's not unusual.................not quite what I "used to be" ya know?

I'd say the "fuel density compensator" is the culprit, and you've fixed 'er right.

dmetalmiki

I reckon your correct, Today we had 50-60 mph winds..horrid to be out or working, so the test run will be tomorrow.
The flame heater is now re-connected as that particular truck is up to '5 ton' specifications. Complete with, >won't run without the in tank pump<, >Won't start without a shot of the flame heater<.
HA!, But, Goes like train, (Two even!).
Pictures of the Ural tomorrow.

tinygpw11

Sorry for the long delay in getting the request for more pictures of the Ural motorbike..But at last, Out of the way of rogue wranglers...As D.M. has allocated me a place in his house garage workshop for my hot rod dragster model t..in..safety!..And thus I finally finished my Ural painting assignment.
Though I do still help around the barn under...CLOSE WATCH!.
And we now have another kid (Polish) that helps, Dominique who just moved next door, so more young ones to help the old ones.
One left, benni M45 has gone for his induction into the Army Air Corps.
So, D.M. states that, we, (dominique and I), will be 'manning' the fire truck M45 530C TFFT) at displays.
I am looking forward to that. We both are.

Attachments

Last edited:

tinygpw11

I forgot to answer the other question, The motorbike is a URAL STAR 750cc with reverse gear electronic ignition, uprated alternator, and carburetors.
Being a military model it has both a kick start and an electric starter.

tinygpw11

Last couple of times I went down to the barn we started to get to work on Dmetalmikis new truck (forgotten the name). GMC M135 (dm!) We have put west coast mirrors on, we have attempted to bleed the brakes but the master cylinder wasn't doing as it should, (Both the master Cylinder and the Air Pack have now been sent off for overhaul. (dm). We have wired up an additional pair of marker/convoy rear lights on the rear, as the dash panel has a proper military switch on the dashboard for this. . About two weeks ago we had a little show , (Err Party! dm). at our barn,with a couple of us who go down the barn, and went for a ride out in the RFO (One of the Deuces), The jeep 'of many years' and the Packard. 'Super, Custom, Clipper. I have been going back to school so haven't had the chance to go down as often. Thanks for all the support. And photos will be uploaded soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the update! Glad ya got back to school.....the trucks will be there...
How's the leg? Take care of yourself, across the "pond" and keep up the fantastic attitude!

dmetalmiki

He (Tinygpw11) Is progressing well, can play some football and do exercises.
I gave him a 'regular set' of exercises to do, and so far he is practicing them diligently.
I moved him onto tasks electrical for the time being, And that is something that can only benefit him in the futer.
Today I relieved the boredom by fitting the (Compulsory ( For me!)), Whelen Siren kit. on the latest addition to the fleet, The GMC M135.
Tomorrow I start to remove all the wheel cylinders to check and overhaul them. All twelve of them!.
And, No Way would the master cylinder and power pack have come off, Had I not possessed an oxy outfit.
Well, not without busting everything in the process anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks