• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Theft proofing A deuce...

deuce or die

Lever action 30-30. When people see you carrying that in and out of the truck not only will they leave the truck alone, but they won't mess with the scrawny hick that drives it. I occasionally unplug the plug behind the starter button, and if I'm too lazy to put away my tools and i leave them on the floor I will lock the doors by reaching through the rear window. Nobody has messed with my truck, but I do live in the least pupulated state, so that could have something to do with it.

bomar76

There is no such thing as theft proof, just as the there is no such thing as bullet proof. Even an M1A2 Abrams is vunerable to some projectiles.
The best you can hope for is theft resistant or theft detereant.
If anyone really wants to steal anything it's a done deal.
A set of RV door handles w/keys, steering wheel chain, battery disconnect w/ lock on the door, and an easliy fabbed up locking wheel chock set up would deter 99.9999% of the miscreants.

n3uka

Saw the mention of a locking gas cap for the deuce. I am having trouble finding one.:banghead:
Anyone know where to get one?

Thanks

jasonjc

I like the siren right now i just use the rotties X3, the 1911, AR-15 and the 12ga.
like the door handle may get a set or 5
someone said something about a coustom gas cap lock????how about some details please
deisel is getting prittie high and crap in the tank is no joke!!!!!!

JohnnyReb

I agree with Redneck; most people could not start and/or drive a deuce if their life depended on it!

I have a battery kill switch which serves two purposes: prevents battery drain if any of my adds ons are left on or ground out; and keep kids from leaving on the switch or accidently starting it..(more likely than an adult!).

I don't lock the deuce because breaking in is too easy...sharp knife or a rock...

I live in the country and some backcountry people have an interesting point of view: My deuce is left in the woods with other equipment and as long as it is open and people can satisfy their desire to look it over, then it is never bothered... However, have seen some contractors lock the doors, chain the wheels, etc. then the vehicle is vandalized.... kinda like the folks feel like they are looked upon as criminals if you lock it up; well, they will oblige you.........

n3uka

I worry more about a kid getting in and putting in gear or taking off brake...etc.
Don't want my neighbor complaining my deuce flattened her caddy or dog.....

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know about anyone else, but other than post #1 the first 21 posts are blank:-( , at least to me.