• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

There’s no way this is government issue…

Danheit

So during my pre-ride check, I took one last stab of the brakes before pulling out, and blew a brake line. Thankfully, I hadn’t really even moved out of my spot yet. Cut the truck off, climb underneath, find fluid pouring from the left frame rail going from the master to the rear axle. Takes me a second to realize what has happened… the RUBBER brake hose that comes off just behind the master where it tee’s, has blown off the fitting. Yes, rubber line that comes from just behind the master, to the tee that branches off for the first rear axle. I really feel like this should be a steel line, not a rubber hose. I’m right, …right?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So during my pre-ride check, I took one last stab of the brakes before pulling out, and blew a brake line. Thankfully, I hadn’t really even moved out of my spot yet. Cut the truck off, climb underneath, find fluid pouring from the left frame rail going from the master to the rear axle. Takes me a second to realize what has happened… the RUBBER brake hose that comes off just behind the master where it tee’s, has blown off the fitting. Yes, rubber line that comes from just behind the master, to the tee that branches off for the first rear axle. I really feel like this should be a steel line, not a rubber hose. I’m right, …right?
You should be Steel from the MC to the front rear axle, up above the gearbox ("Chunk" or "Hogs Head") there should be a "T" that sends more Steel line to the rear rear axle. At the "T" you should have a rubber hose down to a bolt where another "T" sitting on top of the axle feeds Steel to the left and right wheel cylinders. Same on the other two axles. There should be three rubber hoses. One on each axle that allows the axles to rise and fall as you go over rough terrain.

Even found a picture created by Member PEASHOOTER on the site!

Deuce Peashooter Brake Schematic.jpg

PDF below is attached with the ability to ZOOM in to enlarge using Acrobat.

Attachments

Last edited:

ToddJK

Yeah, that's definitely supposed to be steel. I bet there was a break or leak there before and it was someone's patch job. I could be wrong, but I've never seen a rubber line on any vehicle straight from the MC.

Danheit

You should be Steel from the MC to the front rear axle, up above the gearbox ("Chunk" or "Hogs Head") there should be a "T" that sends more Steel line to the rear rear axle. At the "T" you should have a rubber hose down to a bolt where another "T" sitting on top of the axle feeds Steel to the left and right wheel cylinders. Same on the other two axles. There should be three rubber hoses. One on each axle that allows the axles to rise and fall as you go over rough terrain.

Even found a picture created by Member PEASHOOTER on the site!

View attachment 867294

PDF below is attached with the ability to ZOOM in to enlarge using Acrobat.
Yup, I’ve got FL3 as a flexible hose with push style fittings…. 🤦‍♂️

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yup, I’ve got FL3 as a flexible hose with push style fittings…. 🤦‍♂️
I may be waving the white flag unnecessarily - but you mentioned "Push Style Fittings"? That sounds to me like air line fittings. The FL3 should be a rubber hose that is generally "Inverted Flair" where the steel line connects to it. The flexible hose should not be plastic with push fittings.

Maybe a picture of what you have?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks