• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

There has to be a better fuel pump!!!!!!!

Old thread, but it's funny that you bumped it because I'm just about to install that new style pump as well as a relay and switch like I had discussed.

I have a 1967 m54a2 multi-fuel. The previous owner bypassed the in tank pump and installed an inline pump. Currently I don't have any power at the pump. Does that wire come directly from the master switch or where else should I test? It does run without the pump working but it churns quite a bit before starting and doesn't idle very well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Just so we're clear, are you saying you have no power at the stock pump or the inline pump?

ebrownell

They unplugged the stock pump and hooked that hot wire to the inline. They thought the inline pump was bad but when I tested it I couldn't get any power. I don't have any books on it and there seems to be a lot of smart people on here so I figured it was worth a shot instead of banging my head against the wall.

I have the newer style pump in mine bought it on flea bay over a year ago very easy install and works flawlessly date code 2007.Its a must have in my opinion as my pump was junk.You won't be disappointed.