• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

thermal flasher problems

braindead

I just put a new wiring harness in my M35A2 and new light switch. The flashers worked before I did this but now they dont work. I also installed a new thermal flasher unit with no luck and checked all grounds and bulbs and the wiring to a list of correct wire numbers. The only way I could get the turnsignals to flash was to connect the wires to a flasher unit out of my old dodge car. Which was a 12volt unit. Mine is 24 of course and it was getting all 24 volts at the flasher unit.

Does anyone happen to know why they wont work? Or maybe what I could check next?

Thanks,
Braindead

Jones

Is your new light switch push button or three-lever type?
The push button ones are prone to problems of their own. and most people who have put the push button unit in have since gone back to the earlier style.
I'd try swapping out components one at a time to see if things come back to life at some point. If they do then the last piece you changed out is the culprit. If the system works with your Dodge flasher, I think putting another flasher unit in is a good place to start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks