• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thermostat

Dayron84

My thermostat housing has a small drip. I figured since I’m going to have to open it I’ll go ahead and replace thermostat. Looked online and the “humvee” thermostats are going for about $45 and didn’t come with a gasket! Seriously for a thermostat? Is there something special about it? Not something I can pick up locally at a part store? 6.2 if it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DREDnot

You gotta get a quality thermostat.
OEM if possible.
But they can be found locally for a bit less.
The proper stat has a thick body shell and is "balanced" IIRC with an opening and closing spring(?)

Dayron84

If anyone has a part # to get it locally that would be great. $10 shipping online for a thermostat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the auto parts store's Stant catalog and bought the t-stat for a Chevy Suburban diesel of the same year, 215F. Works fine for me. Can't recall if I was able to use the gasket if came with or form-a-gasket #2, been a few years. No issues though.
BDGR

Ajax MD

In the tech manual, it lists the NSN for the 6.2 and 6.5 thermostat as well as a P/N (part number) for each.
I discovered that the part number is the actual AC Delco (OEM) part number and was able to order the thermostat on Amazon for $11.00 Free, next-day delivery.
Mine arrive in an AC Delco box.

In fact, here ya go straight from the -280-24P-1: 1 PAOZZ 6620011468006 7X677 14077122 THERMOSTAT,FLOW CON 6.2.LITER......
The P/N is the 14077122. Google that and enjoy the possibilities.

Summit Racing: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-132-55/

This thermostat does look physically different from the 6.5L engine:

Why am I going to all the trouble to post this? Because nothing makes me angrier than seeing aftermarket vendors charging $50-ish + shipping for an $8.00-$11.00 OEM part with free shipping.

Last edited:

G3isMe

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the correct, made in the USA, thermostat at a local auto parts store for the 6.2 L. It is a Stant part number 13479.

DREDnot

Arg....stant parts are so random in quality that I don't ever recommend them.
My rule of thumb it anything that senses or controls temps, timing, or pressures I only use OEM unless its unobtainium.

I got this for my 6.5 for 12 bucks shipped...DSCN1329.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks