• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

These trucks never cease to amaze me.

AMGeneral

Well,I had some time to piddle around today,(it was raining here) and after talking to Papabear and Chief 919 about selling the 3 M211s I have,I decided to tinker with the white truck I traded for to see if it would run.

Well,I changed the oil and filter added some water to the radiator,checked the transmission oil level,installed 2 batts and my gravity feed gas can,pulled back on the starter handle and boom!!!! It started right up!!! I let the engine run a few minutes and pulled the trans shift lever into F-1/low range,it dropped right in and started to move forward!,I tried High range,same problem as the red truck,reduction unit stuck in Low.I gotta free up the shift linkage to see if it will shift into Reverse,but it's definetly an encouraging start!!Pic of the truck in question below.

Now I have 3 running GMC M211 trucks!!!!

Attachments

DieselBob

It's a great feeling when something goes right the first time.
I would have stopped right after “It started right up” that would have been the end of my luck for the month.

91W350

As a younger man, I spent way too many hours throwing hay bales at a truck that looked similar to that. It had a flat bed, no top, was white with a red interior and pulled four four wheel hay trailers. I would love to hear it run again, but we have much better ways to handle hay in the hot Kansas sun. :-D

Times were much poorer then and frequently we would have a blowout on a trailer tire, dumping nicely bailed and stacked hay back into a ditch or field, only to be recovered again. Somehow they always seemed much heavier the second time....

Good luck in your adventures!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks