• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

They must be out of their minds...

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AG tires wouldn't be rated for the speed more than likely. The biggest problem is the sized. Limited runs. I could get the G177s for 22.5 or 24 in rims all day for decent prices. It just takes patience and being at the right place at the right time to get killer tire deals.

Mister Sunday

I was trying to get new ones that way I wouldn't have to worry about dry rot, plus I would have all the tires at the same wear level from the get-go. But I'm telling you now I'm definately gonna keep an eye out in the classifieds for the 395 XZL's while I get my funds back up. Right now I'm just gonna put a muffler on it and start fighting the rust. I eventually want to cover it in bedliner coating. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on here I'll put one up.

Mister Sunday

Here it is! I hope it worked.
Yep, it did. I gave $4500 for her, which judging by some of yall's deal, maybe I gave too much for her. But all the tires are in pretty good shape, minus one flat. There is a little bit of grease coming out of the drivers side steering knuckle, and I mean minimal. There is a fine mist of some kind of lubricant that sprayed up onto the bottom of the cargo bed that looks like it was flung from where the driveshaft goes into the front drive axle. But probably the thing I am most worried about is the rust in the brackets that hold the windshield glass, it looks bad enough that if I try to get it out the glass will just flop in there. Other than that, she ran great on the drive home (about 12 miles, which is part of the reason I didn't mind paying more), but there was a fuel leak in the rubber line that goes from the hardline after the primary fuel filter to the IP before it goes to the secondary filter. It ran out of fuel just as I turned down my dead end street about a eighth of a mile from the house. I got the hose fixed at a local shop using the original fittings for $3.18. I had them make it about four inches longer so I could use something to tie it up off of the PTO shaft which apparently had rubbed a hole in the hose.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dodge man

??? You had someone quote you 1400 each? That's highway robbery for the foolish.
No, not the foolish, the government. Er,, wait, I guess it's the same thing, isn't it!

YOUR tax dollars at work! Just consider it bailout money for the tire companies!

Mister Sunday

I might even consider getting some 365 XZL's just because I don't want to have to worry about the tire rub on a hard right hand turn. Of course, I'm not even sure that size would make a difference, or if I could find that size for the price some of these 395's are going for.