• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**** they pulled the fuel strainer! Help!!!

warlord381

Well my new MEP003a cames sans filters, including the fuel strainer. I know its near impossible to find but does anybody have a source? (Yes, I used the search and read for hours last night but didnt find a source for the original strainer.) I did see a price referenced on one thread at $78!, but no source. There is a fram # but nobody can get them.

I would like to stay original but maybe I'll go the spin on route. Any inputs would be appreciated. What is a good source for the spin ons? Pros or cons?

Bob

coyotegray

Oil Filter: NAPA 1004, Wix 202 C, Fram CH6PL, MS35802-2
NSN 2940-00-580-6304

Fuel Filter cartridge: NAPA 3113, Fram C1125PL
NSN 2910-00-287-1930

Fuel Strainer cartridge: Fram 35070 **Hard to find**
NSN 2910-00-222-2216

Air Filter cartridge: NAPA FIL 2222, Donaldson P10-1222,
FleetGuard AF437KM

I have seen the fuel strainer around somewhere but can't remember where.
You could try Delk's. The strainer does not need to be changed much and can be cleaned..

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can still buy the strainer, and yes, they are hard to find. I am the one who dug up the OEM supplier for Uncle and the price is that high because of the fact that you'll only be buying one of them. I did post in a thread one time about who the supplier was and contact information. I'll have to search for it if you really want it.

Delk's might have the strainer for you. I have one extra sitting here in the garage minus the "crush" washer and acorn nut for the bottom of the bowl (both easy to find) PM me if you might be interested in it...or try Delk's. It's up to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks