• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thin seat mod

M215

Hey cramped deuce / 5 ton drivers.

I'm getting ready to recover the seats in the 5 ton, the cramped drivers seat space has been an issue. Today I took an old seat back and cut the foam pad in half, reducing the thickness by 2.5". Recovered the cut down seat back with a temporary cover to test fit, what a huge difference! I'm 6' tall and almost can not push the clutch to the floor.

Compare the difference between the standard spring ride passenger seat and the mod drivers seat.

The flat back does not force you to lean forward like the standard seat back. Now I need to talk my daughter into sewing some new covers for me.

Karl

Attachments

Stan Leschert

I am not large enough to worry about the back... YET!
I'm about to put a surplus air ride base under the seat. I want to keep the seat top visibly original, but afetr a back injury, the bottom has to be softer. If you want, I can post pics of what is happening to make the limited resources, make the ride endurable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks