• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about a M35A2

OuchThatHurt

Hello all,

Im really thinking of getting a a military truck. I had a swamp buggy manymoons ago with 2.5 ton axles under it so that is the extent of my knowledge...

I found this truck, and i am completely in love with it. I spent about 6 hrs today on this forum reading and trying to learn what i am getting into.......... and after everything i have read.... I am ready to go all in!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/4700381055.html

Any and all advice is welcome. the good the bad and the ugly.

For starters, i ride my motorcycle to work everyday as my everyday vehicle. When its rainy I have an 06' F250 that I drive but lately it does a lot of sitting.

I was considering selling my truck, and when its rainy just driving this bobber.

What ya'll think?

Regards,

Don

welldigger

I think if you buy the bobber you should throw your motorcycle rain gear in the cab of your bobber. Chances are you will need it.

61sleepercab

I would have a mechanic friend go with you and check out the mechanicals . I do not know much about after market bobbed trucks prices , but you can figure retail on rims and tires x 5 and price of a paint job , new parts as radiator starter and basic cost of a runner 6x6 and labor to bob. Truck and bed seems to look ok as a combo as some bobbers look funny from bed placement. Mark

FloridaAKM

Welcome from another SS member from Florida. I will agree with the previous posters responses, it's not like buying a civy truck as your DD. Keep your bike in the back if you have any problems with it & you may be good to go. Get a mechanic to check her out before you drop a load of cash. Good luck & welcome again to the Green Iron Disease!

m109a2

Well I will tell you I bought my first mv a m35a2 w/w and a m35a2 frame with a 109 box mated to a 105 lunette,For a bug out rig only until I went to my fist ralley.These guys are great.The brotherhood and comerodery I have A very large family now.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, get the Home Depot yard stick as a fuel gauge. Comes pre-labeled.

And if you want a Deuce, don't test drive a 5 ton. Did me in, even though I still think about a Deuce.. <Ducks, runs for cover>

rustystud

I thought you wanted a bus.
Buses are good to have around. You can gut them and make them into recovery vehicles. There was a guy here in Seattle that had taken a forty foot Gillig school bus and cut it off just behind the drivers area. Then he cut the rounded back area off at about 10ft. Taking the two halfs he put them together making a really small bus with room for a bed, toilet, and cooking area. The back half of the frame he put diamond plate down with ramps off the back. There was a winch mounted behind the cab area. It could haul a full size Cadillac back there. I always wanted to do this, but never got around to it. You could use this kind of rig on long distance recovery of a Jeep, or M38 . No need to rent a motel, just stay in the rig at the state rest areas.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks