• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about a NC mountains rally

wilfreeman

Could be any time- something far enough away from the other ones in the region to not cause any conflict.
I agree. I don't know about the snow part - I love driving my Jeep in the snow, but getting it there would be a problem. A rally in the summer wouldn't be too good either - it was hot enough at the Georgia rally this weekend!

peecook

I'd be interested. Just saw pictures from a m1009 and a 151 there last weekend. He camped out for a few days and said it was a great place.

FrankUSMC

The Bride and I go up to the mountains of NC around the March time frame. It is cool, but not a lot of tourist around yet.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

wilfreeman

Denton rally is always around Easter - just throwing that out there. Denton isn't an official Steel Soldiers rally (it is hosted by MVPA guys and have re enactors also), even though 50-75% that show up are Steel Soldiers.

Whiterabbit

I've been wondering about that place too. I'd go!
Maybe a Winter REFORGER kind'a thing?? There is nothing better than the Appalachian mountains during the fall/winter but the snow on the roads might be a concern. Early spring maybe?
I saw DT's flyer for the place, looks good but their prices were a little steep. The Cherokee NF has some great camping areas too but it would be fire road rides not the extreme Telico kind'a stuff.
Besides, I can probably get more Land Rovers to go! :p

MDSA

A mtn rally would be great. Scenery, views, great camping in cool weather.

Winter might entail too many hazards with NDCC tires and heavy vehicles on mtn roads that could be slick.

Telico also might not work for the Deuces and 5 tons. What I read on their site suggests their trails are steep. Don't want to fall off a mtn.

We have an off road park near me called Brown Mtn. They have a trail that could easily handle a Deuce, but not much camping and only one rocky trail up. Turn around and come back down.

Are there other off road parks in the mtns that might have more trails to offer and handle a Deuce?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks