• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about buying a Deuce

colsoncj

Well, I've always wanted one, and I've found 2 local for sale, reasonably priced. I'm curious what I should look for, be worried about, or any deal breakers.

I've done some searching, and found some info, but I'd like to draw on everyone's experience...

The rig is 2500, great shape body wise, and runs good.

colsoncj

also, how many different bed configurations are there? I'd like a troop carrier style with seats, but I know they also just made a plain bed. How much work is it to convert the plain bed style to a troop carrier style, and whats involved with getting a canvas cover for it (brackets, etc...)

grounded

Banned
beds are the same. the troop seats slid down into the stake pockets on the side. so they just slide in and out.

only diffrence in beds is if you have a drop side or not. some the bed sides fold down. some they cant.

canvas cover just takes some bows that slide in the side pockets also. and put the cover on.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty much anything you want can be added to a deuce and most parts can be found even on e-bay, if you can find one with everything you want would be best but you may end up paying more for it. If you find a good running good shape deuce for $2500 I say buy it, then be careful because you're going to want another one. Trust me on that ;-)

stampy

I bought my running m109 (see profile picts) at GL and it was only 1475 +sr97+ taxes+ registration + hassel....Ok so 2500 is a good deal.:-D

Michael

on this one, its not titled yet, so i'd still have to go through the whole sr97 deal...
You can't get a form 97 if you don't buy it from the government. I don't think they can be transferred individual to individual in most states either. Not having a title can be a big deal in some states. We had a recent long thread on this topic.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's right, the SF-97 can only be issued to the buyer from GL. Then it must be titled in that persons name before it can be transferred to you the final buyer.