• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking About Getting a Deuce. Couple questions....

SasquatchSanta

RE: Re: RE: Thinking About Getting a Deuce. Couple question

I don't want to bust up this thread but I can't resist --- I gotta ask gimpyrobb ... that's the deal with Gary Indiana?

It is because of the mean-streets factor or do you have a couple or three ex-wives there? <joking> :)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: Thinking About Getting a Deuce. Couple question

A new member asked for some info on deuces and I offered help. Then, someone else asked what about going to Gary if someone needed help. He thought it was funny when I said "I ain't going to Gary Indiana" so I made it my sig. Gary is just about 4 hrs from my house, thats why I don't wanna go.

kcimb

Depending on how much it is would be the deal breaker. I don't think you'll get much use out of an m49 tanker, but like all deuces they are each a peice of history.

mud4me

It has the multifuel engine in it and has the non-airshift t-case. The high and low transfer case lever is behind the tranny shifter beside the front seat. Im not sure if the guy knew what he was talking about but he said it was not the overdrive tranny. I drove it on the main road and it did fine. It started up on the first crank and ran smooth. Speedo had 20,000 or so on it if its accurate. Brakes seemed to work fine, it stopped fairly quickly for its size. Body looked to be in decent shape except for that ugly red paint job. I would like to get rid of the tanker bed and get a regular bed for it if i could find one or swap with someone. What would be a decent price for this truck? So what do you guys think?

mud4me

The title is now in question. He is suppose to call me back with the specifics. Whoever the fire department bought it off of has a title but they never got it transfered over to them but said he should be able to get it straight this week. So what does a truck like this usually go for on GL or just person to person. I havent dealt any with GL and dont really know the going rate on a deuce. Feel free to post up any buying experiences. Thanks again for everyones help

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would start my offer at Scrap value and work from there. I don't know about Ky, but a truck without a title in Ohio SUCKS! I've had to call in some pretty big favors to get a title for mine. (And I thank everyone one who has helped or offered!)

jasonjc

I'd keep it as a tanker or trade it to some one for a cargo truck. As many cargo's vs tanker I'd hate to see a good tanker chopped up.

mud4me

I decided to get it. I am suppose to go and pick it up this Sunday. They found the title for it, and should be able to get it to me in a couple weeks. I plan on driving it home, it was under an hour in my jeep when i went to check it out so its not that far away. Plus ill be going across all backroads and some old logging/strip roads. Nothing on the main highway so i should be ok. Before i say what i gave for it i just want to see if i got screwed or not :) :). What would be considered a good deal? $1,000-----$2,000? after some checking i think it does have the air shift t-case if that makes a difference.