• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about ripping apart my M35A2 for a M275A2

Sephirothq

I don't know if this is in the correct place, please forgive me if i have it in the wrong place, but I am looking at a M275A2 that needs a motor and transmission. I have an M35A2 that i could pull the motor and transmission out of to install in the M275A2. Does the running gear swap over directly? Is this even a good idea?
Let me know your thoughts.

hippiedude

Hmmmm That m275a2 is not to bad ..... But don`t scrap a good deuce....sell it and that would give you plenty of $$$ for parts and then some....my 2cents Tim

Sephirothq

Would the running gear directly swap over? I was looking and the M275A2 has an air shift transfer case, would a mechanical shift work? Are the gear ratios the same? I am thinking the front drive shafts should be the same. I would need to get a rear drive shaft.
anything else?

citizensoldier

I know what one your looking at... But I will never tell.. Engine and trans are the same just a shorter wheel base chassis with the 5th wheel plate and ramps.. Sounds like a good canidate for a better motor and trans than a multi bomb and gearless wonder.. Just my two cents anyway.. Detroit maybe? 18 speed behind it?
Orrrrr take the back off you cargo deuce mount the tractor stuff and have a long wheelbase tractor then you have room for a spare and drag winch!

Sephirothq

If you know the one I am looking at, it doesn't look too bad. I haven't seen it in person nor will i have an opportunity to do so. Well if i get it i will let you guys know. If someone else gets it i hope that they will treat it well.

Blythewoodjoe

You might even consider "Bobbin" you truck and putting a flat bed on the back and doing the goose neck trailer thing. I like my "Bob D. Deuce" and it turns and drives easier than the regular M35. Don't get me wrong I do miss the old M35A2 from time to time. I pull a goose neck trailer everyday (with my F-350 POS) and you can pull more weight safer on load over the axle trailers instead of a pull behind. Of course you could put a fifth wheel on a bob too. It would be one of a kind. I have a single axle F-650 the air force used for pulling fuel tanks. They are common.

yorkgulch2

That m275 looks like it will be a good candidate and you won't even have to remove the old motor!
I was considering swapping the m35 fuel tank to the drivers side after removing storage box. All you would have to do is rotate it 180 and slide it up under the cab a little further. The m35 tank is wider and shorter but the same volume.

Sephirothq

Eventually westfolk has to run out of space time or money, so he can't buy everything. But the price is still cheap so there is lots of time and room to bid.

I saw pictures of kenny's truck it looks very nice.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, who's been playing with the SS spy satellite? We're supposed to be using that to keep tabs on yards scraping military vehicles and tracking bad GL deals...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks