• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about Road Trip... Advice?

Stouttrout

I am thinking about taking a road trip in the Deuce. This will be a new adventure for me. The Deuce is new to me but I have put about 100 miles on it in the last couple of weeks. Everything seems good to go.

What should I do to prep for this?

What should I carry with me? Filters, ect?

The trip is only going to be 160 miles round trip. Here is a pic of the deuce:

Green_gator

Nice looking deuce you have there. I have a box that I take with me on all trips. Inside is a good bottle jack, breaker bar with extension and sockets, spare belts and hoses, fluids, warning triangle, tools, air hose, bulbs and other items. I also carry a large cheater bar. Since you are not going to be far from home something like that will probably work. Filters if you have them are not a bad idea as they take up very little space.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am thinking about taking a road trip in the Deuce. This will be a new adventure for me. The Deuce is new to me but I have put about 100 miles on it in the last couple of weeks. Everything seems good to go.

What should I do to prep for this?

What should I carry with me? Filters, ect?

The trip is only going to be 160 miles round trip. Here is a pic of the deuce:

Well, the only way to find out how "good to go" your truck is, is to take it on a road trip!
Being fairly close to home for most of the trip, I suggest you check for SS members that could give you a hand, a tow home or to a place for repairs, if needed. If you were on the side of the highway, would you try changing one of those 395 giant rubber suckers you have on the truck on your own?

The truck is relatively new to you; check for leaks at the usual locations (wheels, fuel lines etc.) before you leave and during the trip. It is not so much whether you have a leak, it is to see if it gets worse.

Cell phone, wallet, credit card, tool kit (common sense stuff) and most of all - ENJOY THE TRIP!

Marlboro

Pre-insection is the key... Check all wheel bearing for play, check to make sure ALL fluid levels are where they should be. Check air pressure if tires are at road psi spec. that will mean less drag on drivetrian. Bring some extra fluids and tools to change out a flat, Other then that just go and injoy. 160mi. isn't that far if a deuce is looked over often :driver:

cessnatwin

Buy AAA! add recreational vehicle towing to it with the gold plan to caover 100 miles! Thats the cheapest most reasonable thing to due, had to use it once with my 5 ton and it was worth every penny!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anytime I got further than about 100 miles from home, I take my towbar and towing lights. I have plenty of friends with Deuces but most of them don't have a towbar.

C

Stouttrout

All Noted, AAA upgraded today. Thanks. Is there a Napa Part number on those belts? Without pulling mine can anyone shed some light on the size?

markmontana

Ha- I'm a new guy, too, and really find the info and exchange to be helpful and useful. The only bad thing is all the new ideas to build and new trucks to buy...

Good luck on your trip and post some pictures- of anything.

--

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks