• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

thinking of buying second mv

tobyS

And the gov't planet ad should state that.

If not, some time searching the 'net will teach you all you need to know.

Back to the M109 talk....
Look on the right hand column, it says "OFF ROAD USE ONLY"

Katavic918

I'm thinking about getting the 109 again. I sent the guy a message asking if I could spend a couple hours going over the truck. I want to put in a little wrench time to try and determine causes of some of the problems. It's on a 50 acre farm so it's not like I'd be working in his driveway. I'm mainly interested in the tires. I figure I'll buy it swap a few to the deuce, then fix it up a little and sell it for a profit plus free tires. Sounds good in theory right?

Katavic918

According to the gauges this truck has traveled at an average speed of 102 mph. Does anyone know what the date code on the motor means. It say, I believe "rebuild or remanufacture date" then "8 29". 29th week of 2008 maybe? Thanks for any info.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought my first mv last may, an m35a2. My neighbor informed me of an m109 for sale local. Stopped to look and it's in sweet shape. Only wants 5500. So I have the cash but not too much space. I already have 2 cars a truck and the m35. I really want the 109 but I'm not sure if I'm proceeding too quickly or if I shouldn't let this deal pass. Any opinions?
ah yes ! The second MV! I was there facing that decision years ago...........
The last couple years I have actually been trying to sell a few of them, to get the fleet maintenance time down a little :roll:

Katavic918

I am going to pass. It's not a bad truck. Only thing it really has against it is the sprag transfer. I spent 3 hours going over it. The misfire is a bad #4 injector. The brakes have issues. I added dot 5 to a completely empty master cylinder and was able to get some pedal by just pumping. Towards the end I started hearing air escaping when the brakes were released. Possible air pack problems. If I had plenty of space I would buy it. I just don't have the room for a project. Looking at hmmwv's now.