• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking of getting the Jatonka Oil Filter Adapters

chgofiveo

Jatonka Oil Filter Adapters

How many of you guys use them? Everyone happy with them? Any Pros or Cons I should be aware of? Easy to install? Any feedback before i shell out my $200 Plus would be appreciated.

Is the same to be said about the Jatonka Fuel Filter Adapters as well?

oldshep

the filter adapters are absolutey nessicery(sry for the spelling!)! The doubled the oil pressure on my truck and it gets it about 5-10 seconds sooner. They are great! buy them! I dont regret paying $200 something for them either.

dabtl

I have all of the spin on adapters on both of my trucks. I could not be happier.

As a caveat, however, I live in Texas and preheating of motor oil is unheard of here. cranetruck has some reservations about not having oil in the pan to preheat in cold climates. The anti-drain back feature on the spin on filters might be a problem in Yankee land. But, I do not live in Yankee land.

The fuel filters are great, no matter where you live.:-D

badgmc56

I live in Yankee land and I can assure you that there are no preheating problems with oil in the pan with these filters. With any cold weather situation, you MUST warm up your vehicle before driving off unless you have a block heater and even then a 5 or 10 minute warm up is required for any type of heat to get flowing out the heater ducts. Your driving habits should always change with the weather.

Divemaster920

Banned
WOW
Are you at the wrong place.
Do a search....I bet you will not find 1 person that is "dissasificied". (I like that spelling)
I wish I could get a set.
I had committed to buy a set from him and had to back because of $ issues(on my end).
He said no problem just let me know when you want them.
Could not have been more courteous about it.
Kudos to Jatonka.

chgofiveo

I did look around and saw that several people did use them. I just wanted to make sure that everyone was happy with them before I purchased them. You cant blame me can you? Its not like its a ten dollar investment... By the sounds of it, they seem to be a great deal and well worth the money...Im a buyer

dabtl

For me the instant oil pressure seals the deal on the oil filters. Getting rid of the rusty cans on the fuel filters seals that deal, for sure!

I really am satisfied with mine. I have all five on both my trucks.

jimmcld

So far we only have the primary fuel filter. It is very well made, goes on in just a few minutes, and makes changing a breeze. We plan to add all of them at the next oil change.

Barrman

I timed my 24 hour no run engine oil psi build up for 3 days with the stock filters. 10-12 seconds.

I installed the filters and timed it again after the first filling the filter start up and 24 hours. 4-6 seconds. I look at that as 50% less wear on the bearings. Since I plan to keep my truck and then pass it down to my son, engine life is very important to me.

By the way, letting my truck sit for 24 hours left the stock filters bone dry when I removed them, so I know a good bit of oil is staying in the filters. The longest I have let it sit since the install has been 7 days. That start up was the 6 second one.

I told myself I didn't need the fuel primary spin on because it isn't that big of a deal to change out the canister style. Since then, I have changed out the cannister style and had to re tighten the alternator belt after I thought I had it tight after the change. Just like I have had to do everytime I have pulled the can off. Spin on is a good way to go.

Parker2

I have to jump on board also. I have all the oil and fuel filters and am very pleased with them. I think they are the most important addition or mod that you can make to the truck.... Superior filtering.:-D