• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This can't be good

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds low down and not good. With a stethoscope I bet you will find that noise from the oil pan. It just stated doing that out of nowhere ?

Mark

Sorry about the problem.

springbok

Let the manager of a local Military Vehicle supply company borrow it for a week to show. It came back with that knock.
The water pump blew and they replaced that but I doubt it is related other than the off chance they overheated it.
Seems like new motor time.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like an injector....I assume the noise rises and falls with rpm.
loosen one injector at a time....if it's an injector it will cease once you loosen the problem injector.

brazengoat06

Wouldn't you get black smoke with an injector stuck open. I do agree though that it sounds more like an injector. Could be the camera placement however.

springbok

So when I got home I did the break the fuel line connection one at a time. On a good note the rpms dropped each time, second, after the knock was gone.
This morning it was back, I am thinking the stuck injector is correct. I have a set so I will replace them this weekend. If still there then we get to troubleshoot more..
Thanks all I will keep you updated.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need to replace all of them...if you cracked an injector and it went away, that's the one you want to replace.
imhave successfully unstuck them by revving the motor and at the same time cracking the IJ line and then tightening it back up...those injectors can make serious noise, sounds like a piston going south.

springbok

It did not really go away when I cracked one of them open but it was hot and my hearing really sucks.
In any case, when all were tightened back down it was gone.
This morning it was back.
I did just go to a nice, non windy stop and ran it again and it was there and even after 15 mins there was some white smoke.
More so when I revved it up then let off.
Makes me much more sure it is an injector that is sticking open.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get one of these it can really help identifying where the noise is coming from.

Mark

2015-Automotive-car-repair-Car-Engine-Stethoscope-Hearing-Pinpoint-Diagnostic-Tool-Device-tool-E.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks