• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This could be the dumbest question ever......

TheBuggyman

Picked up my M813 two weeks ago and have not had alot of time to check things out but I do have one question- are ya'll ready for this one?
How do you engage the front axle? This truck is a USMC version M813-A1, 1977 vintage and I can find no switches or buttons or levers to engage the axle. Is this truck full time 6x6? On the transfer case are two air lines which go to what look like an air actuated solenoid. Am I missing something or is my Polish heritage finally catching up with me?
I traced the air lines to the top of the tranny and stopped there.

I suppose that there is one more question- I just installed a rebuilt airpack from Clark Truck and the brakes are VERY touchy. Is there any way to adjust this? I am fairly familiar with the internals but I do not know what everything does.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice ya'll can offer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks