• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

this cucv worth it? and how to tell

MilitaryRestoration

What do you think this truck is worth and how do you tell if headgasket is 'really' blown...or if they just put too much oil in or what...Please let me know, this will be my first cucv if everything goes well....

Everything is as straight as can be. Seat as usual wear on drivers side and windshield has crack on passenger side but other than that, thats it. Sits higher than usual thanks to bored soldiers :) and extra 'leaf's' and sits on Military Oz's 37", with 2 spares. Front end just redone a year ago and 46000 miles on truck total. Please give me your best appraisal. Thank You

Attachments

I think I see a rubber floor mat in the second pic - that can be good, or very, very bad, since it can trap moisture beneath it and rust out the floor panel.

The very small bit of the engine compartment that can be seen looks decent. Maroon dash, which is either in really great shape if original, or it's been replaced.

Not a bad looking truck - I'd want to fire it up and drive it around the block to check the engine and transmission before I'd pay more than $3K for it, but if it doesn't have a lot of blowby, shifts firm, etc, it's worth that at least, possibly more.

Is this a M1008 or an M1028?

Best way to tell if there's a blown gasket is to have a leakdown test done. That will diagnose problems more accurately than a straight compression test. I haven't done one on a 6.2L, but it's a fairly simple procedure once you've got the tools.

Re: RE: this cucv worth it? and how to tell

MilitaryRestoration said:
I'm new to the whole cucv thing so what is the actual difference between a m1008 and a m1028?
From the TMs and threads here, the M1028 is an M1008 that's slightly modified to carry a communications shelter; the 1028 will have extra tie-downs in the bed, an overload leaf spring in the rear to increase the GVWR from 8800 to 9400 lbs, and a Dana Trak-Lok in the front. Search under member name CUCVFAN, he's posted more info about the 1028s

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks