• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This is how a 3/4 ton pulls an M146

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya I made sure it was chained good, there were 6 total. I had to let all the air out of the tires on the M146 to keep me at 13'6". The fuel mileage wasn't the best but it pulled nicer than a deuce does. Now I have to go figure out how to get it off, hopefully this doesn't turn into a "don't try this at home" thread!

Last edited:

dittle

Don't try this at home:

Tie the pin of the M146 to a tree --- check
Floor diesel pickup pulling trailer out from under M146 --- check
Say "that didn't work as planned" when you look in your mirrors --- check

:)

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was actually one of my ideas...not one of my best ideas but I thought about it! I'm just in to get the camera for my next great idea :idea:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you know someone with a big farm tractor with front end loader you can get it off by chaining the king pin to the bucket and raising the landing gear up high enough to ease it off.....either by pulling it backward with the tractor or holding it fast and pulling the trailer out from under it slowly.....very slowly (my recommedation). Make sure the ramps will slide along the ground and not catch on anything.

Since it has air over hydrolic brakes it will roll freely without air on the system.

Just my two cents worth.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got it without any major problems. I have a bobcat that will lift the kingpin end but just barely so I moved it to the edge of my trailer and used a M105 trailer chassis and backed it up under it. A few 6x6 pieces of wood and a few chains and off it came! I don't think I would take it down the road like this (nor would the DOT like it) but for out back off-loading a trailer it worked great.

Attachments

50shooter

Well done...heck you are 2/3s of the way there. Get the welder out and run a bead around the 105 frame and the under side of the 146. You can then pull it over with the deuce. Looks almost OEM.

Couldn't help but notice your tree line. Deuces growing like weeds all over the place.

Nice collection

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
:ditto:

Just make sure you use the NEW wooden welding rod. The old welding rod won't support 6x6 beams, not enough penetration.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not enought springs and to light use a m200 trailer to make a dolley converter works sweet
I'm sure the frame isn't heavy enough but the springs barely moved with the load on (granted it was empty), it's only 2200 lbs of tongue weight, those trailers are pretty tough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks