• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This is sad, these trucks should be rescued..

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

Check out this video, this is sad.
These trucks should be rescued...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIgWwkS9HSU&feature=related[/media]

Good night,

CJ

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

Just watch the video, you may get some clues.
Like the blue international having a California license plate, last tagged in 1979.

Good luck on the rescue mission... Go get'em.. Good night...

CJ

ODdave

Yea, good luck finding them. Looks like this guy travels all over the US..... He was on youtube yesterday though, Mabye he would share the wealth?????

Clay James

I noticed a sticker of a radio station in the beginning that's local to me. I'll contact him and see where they are. If it's the forest around here I may try and go get them with my deuce and save them from the possibility of being scrapped.

CycleJay

Hello Clay,

Sounds great, Go get'em and save them from further death and/or deterioration..

Keep us posted as to how it goes.

Good night,

CJ

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those look like the two trucks stored on an old, idled mining operation in the Sierra Nevada mountains; I've seen photos on other websites, and I don't think that they're for sale. Caretakers live on property to guard the mining equipment, so be sure to check in and get permission first. IIRC, the owners want a pretty penny for them too.

But it doesn't hurt to ask first-hand...you never know. Good luck!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed a sticker of a radio station in the beginning that's local to me. I'll contact him and see where they are. If it's the forest around here I may try and go get them with my deuce and save them from the possibility of being scrapped.
If you read all the comments there's a few clues to the location. Sounds like it's in the middle of nowhere. He said it's 20 miles to the nearest pavement and is at an abandoned gold mine. There are also some interesting (funny) comments on the trucks relating to years/engines/etc. It is an interesting video.

Clay James

If you read all the comments there's a few clues to the location. Sounds like it's in the middle of nowhere. He said it's 20 miles to the nearest pavement and is at an abandoned gold mine. There are also some interesting (funny) comments on the trucks relating to years/engines/etc. It is an interesting video.
I think I know the very general area of them. It's within about an hour drive from me.

SPCWarning

Dang shame.

Yeah, those could be combined, with some newer parts, to make a nice resto. It's a shame they're probably just gonna stay there.

I thought I heard the Gov Liquidation video music in the background when he finally got to the MV's. My internet is slow to download videos and it paused when he got to the dataplate..........:shock: