• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This may sound crazy but... READ ON

res0wc18

so has anyone ever toyed with the idea of taking the duece and putting a pair of the tandems on it instead of the stock one? So it would have duel tandemsx2? Would it work ? Would you have to extend the frame etc?

avengeusa

I can guarantee you would need a frame stretch, but it could be done for sure

i would not do it personally, but three rear axles like the tank hauler might be cool if done correctly

98hd

You probably wouldn't be able to power the rear most set of tandems off of the front set as during certain articulation situations the driveshaft angles could prove to be too extreme between the rear axle on the front set and the front axle on the rear set.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i man here local that worked for DOT at the weight station added another whole tandem set to rear of duece. i think i took a couple pics . it might take me some time to find them. i also can get this fellows phone number if anyone needed to talk with him. i seen it turn a corner as he was putting it up for sale . it didnt turn to bad but widder then without the extra of axles he said but he told me it pulled like all get out in the mud holes around his house one more thing... he told me he made up a trailer that had a drive shaft hooked up and the trailer axles pull along with the duece . i would love to have seen that TIm

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Instead of stock rears, make the lastmost two axles from fronts and have them turn with the steering, easier said than done. Like those big 8x8 or 10x10 cranes. Speaking of which, I seen one going almost 70MPH on I-35, all many many tons of it.

littlebob

I've seen one for sale in the southwest in a magazine that had that done. I don't have time now to try and find it and it was about six months or so ago. The seller had two or three 5T's for sale

littlebob

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain, I had not seen that tandem front axle "thing" before, if you have more pics like those, I would love to see them. Maybe on a new thread though, since that would be hijacking this man's thread.

Cheers

FreightTrain

Banned
I jacked all those from Previous threads.That one was in I think a Clinto tread in Conversations.Search 12x12......the other 2 trucks were in 5 ton.Searched 8x8 and 10x10.

res0wc18

Wow those trucks are huge! I wonder what that would do for traction? If you were to take the major spring packs out and replace it all with air ride that would be sweet. I bet with that many axles it rides super rough.