• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This one goes out to the newer guys looking for their first deuce...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I in no way meant any disrespect to you or your truck. If you took it that way, I am sorry. My post was meant to make a point...get a title and then try to sell your truck because you are spinning your wheels by trying to offer it at a retail price (even if it is on the low side of retail) without a title. Go ask Dave Newman (a big dealer) how much luck he has selling trucks without titles...and if he can get anywhere near retail price for them...unless they are rare or otherwise desirable. If you don't like my advice, that is fine. I've now said that many times. It was not meant as a slam to you even though you obviously feel that way. By the way, with regard to the title issue...please re-read the last sentence of Flea's post to understand how important a title is.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As in I was uncivil by posting originally, I take it. Nice shot...then take the high road. No worries here. I said what I meant and I'll stand by it.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The title thing COULD be a huge problem, or not..

All depends on what state your going to reggie it in. In New York, if you dont have a title or SF-97 in hand, your not going to get it registered. PERIOD. No bonded titles, no VIN checks, not nothing like that.

In other states (seems like mostly in the South) getting a titleless vehicle reggied/titled isnt that hard to do..

scooter01922

Well, i'm gonna skip the BS and go right to my point. I could have gambled with a GL truck and it MIGHT have cost me less but i bought from a SS member and have never regretted it.
I don't really personally know anyone on here with a truck for sale at the second. But i did meet mike (maddawg) at aberdeen and can tell ya he is one hell of a nice guy...just don't tell him i told ya that...:)

halftrack

My rule of thumb is usually this.

When I sell a truck for $2000 or less, its not worth it to me to go through the hassle of obtaining a title for the truck unless the buyer wants to compensate me for that procees and usually they pay the extra for the title.

However, when I buy a truck for $2000 or less I don''t expect a title with the truck either unless I am willing to pay the seller to obtain one for me (if he even could). Titles with out a doubt add value to a vehicle when buying or selling.

Anything (unless it is a rare or very much older vehicle) in the $3000 or over range then I would definitely expect a title to accompany the vehile. $3500 for M35's with or without winches is premium and I would want a title with the truck.

Is this the same truck you have been trying to sell since November Sephio? Maybe it hasn't moved because you don't have a title for it.

Sephirothq

Again,
it's not that there is no title, I can get a title. If the buyer wants a title there will be a title. That is all.

Now if you are debating the price it would be about $3800 for a truck with a title. That to me does not seem like a lot to ask. Find me a truck for that price that I could inspect, test drive, and pickup any day of the week. Show me one with a winch, with the rear cargo cover, with a heater, one that runs and drives. I drove it home. It works fine.
But show me a truck for that price.

powerhouseduece

I would have to agree with bruce on this, Im sure that there is some one new to the hobby and is willing to pay the $4k for a truck as nice as that one! But others will not pay if the truck does not come with a title.

With all this time lost, all this bickering back and forth, You might have had the title by now. You might have been able to sell it to a nooby by now. you might have been able to sell it for a little more, but now the truck still sets.

I have met you in person before, I know you are a nice guy, so Im not trying to attck you in anyway its just my $.02.

but please, just go get the title so we can all get along! ;)

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In ohio, no title is a killer. First thing I do is get the title done. If I were shopping, I would inspect and buy the same day, and want to leave with a title. If a guy would say he can get one, I would say fine, get it before I see the truck, I'm not making two trips. Or would find another one in the mean time. The ONLY time I don't care about titles is on rare or parts trucks. And I did buy mine retail, with title, and paid more for it.

Dennis

KaiserPinzer

Just wanted to throw in my .02. I just joined SS, so this is my first post, however, I'm not new to MV. I have purchased two MV's--a Pinzgauer 8 1/2 years ago thru a dealer in Colorado and just recently, an awesome Deuce thru GL in Colorado. I have had excellent experiences with both, even though at the time I did not know a great deal about the vehicles I was purchasing. What made both purchases seemless and rewarding (minimal headaches) was utilizing networks like what this group offers. For the Pinzgauer purchase, a friend that is a consumate gearhead that went thru 9 vehicles to help me find the best one. For the Deuce thru GL, expertise from the MVCC group here in Colorado. Either way--thru dealers or GL--has certain risks and rewards--making neither better or worse--but for guys starting out, it's more important to network. Look for the guys who consistently post and who have a knowledge of the vehicles and possibly PM them. Ask questions of the group. Find out if there are any local clubs that have expertise in them. But also take care of the people that offer info and remember/thank them for their knowledge. I look at both purchases as a great treasure hunt that has introduced me to some great people along the way--and that is far more priceless than the cost of the trucks. Thanks.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just brought a deuce home 18 days after the EUC cleared. Six days later I had State Tilte and truck plates in hand. I didn't apply for a SF 97.

moose53

some states dont even title older vehicles. here in Ny all you can get is a transferrable registration. I don't understand the big deal though, you can always use a title company to get one if your state requires one. $150 bucks and your good to go in about a week. Did it with my jeep, worked seamlessly.

Jim

Last edited:

snakeater

I just recently purchased a m-35 with winch from a dealer in tennessee, went and looked at the selection on wednesday and drove it home on friday. I think I got a great deal, maybe not to everyone, but to me it was good. M-35 (tooele rebuild) with 100 hrs, winch, 11 spanking new titan hawks, fresh fluids and was already warm when I arrived to pick it up. I paid 3K and drove it 5 hours home. He even threw in the parts that I needed to bob my truck. Including the front spring, hangars, axle perches. Everything to do the job except u bolts that I had made locally. My bob project is nearly finished now and with the exception of wheels, tires, fuel have not spent any money on the truck. So needless to say that in my opinion it is better to buy from an individual, than take your chances with GL unless you can go and physically look at the truck and check it out. You may end up with a diamond in the rough or you may just end up with rough. Just my humble opinion I could be wrong. Snakeater

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Snakeater, that is the type of bargain I was initially referring to. You stole that truck. You have about $1,500 in rubber alone on that truck when you factor in mounting.

Blythewoodjoe

I'm not trying to hijack the thread here, but I have a nice M813 in my back yard with no title and no way of getting one. I have been trying for a year. I have been told by the DMV several times, no title in hand, you get no title.

SO, other than going the "buying it from a state that doesn't title stuff" is there any way to title a truck. I was going to "sell" it some one in Georgia and "buy" it back, but that route will not work any more. The DMV has become unreasonable lately here.

No title in hand is a very big deal for a sale here. I will never buy any vehicle without a title unless I plan to scrap it.

Joe Trapp

snakeater

BKubu........the guys I bought mine from have several other deuces without winches in the 25-2800 range. In very good condition and with all the fringe benefits. PM me and I will be glad to give out his business information. Great folks and here in Tennessee..........Snakeater