• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This Was Donated to Our VFD

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
While its nice to have something donated, what are the plans for it? I don't really see it helping do much.

Bowmanvolfire

This is truck will be used by our storm spotters in the field instead of their own POV's, additional crew transport for wildland and structure fire, command for any scene, blocking at traffic accidents, firefighters can use it to go to class out of town, etc. So, yes, it will DO a lot.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Cool, as long as it serves a purpose. I was thinking along the lines of brush fires etc. Not much room for water or a pump.

cucvrus

DSCF2886.jpgI don't know. But I think I could haul a 150 gallon tank in the back of my Mule M1009. I know it hauls green wood pretty good. DSCF2693 (1).jpgDSCF2694 (1).jpgStill cruised it home at 55 on the highway.

fitz

I believe the Roscoman website (known as a source for 12 volt conversion info) also has info on how to turn the M1009 into a brush fire truck.

fasttruck

150gal of water weighs about 600# plus the weight of the tank and any tools or hose carried. Will you be overweight ?

fasttruck

Reference post 9: start calculator before before typing. Aforementioned 150gal of water weighs about 1200 pounds which ought to make you overweight: post 7.

cucvrus

Reference post 9: start calculator before before typing. Aforementioned 150gal of water weighs about 1200 pounds which ought to make you overweight: post 7.
That would put you up there. With the weight of the roof removed that would give you some wiggle room. I was just putting that out there cause I use mine on occasion as a wood hauler and it is very handy and capable. I did install new springs on it a few years back. huge help. Stopped that M1009 rearward sag. Have a great day. The back packs will work. I don't want to carry one anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks