• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This weeks project: Vinyl covers

mikeroot2

This weeks project was installing my new cargo cover and cab cover in vinyl. First picture is of truck as I bought it about 6 weeks ago. Then new tires/muffler and now new vinyl. Hopefully be putting my air-o-matic on this weekend. Then I'll be in the market for some air ride seats.

Attachments

Last edited:
Neat. Who sells cover for these babies? My Deuce (if it ever gets in from GL) did not come with a cover, but it has the bows, so I am gonna need to get one. And which are better, canvas or vinyl?

TIA,

LC

mikeroot2

Neat. Who sells cover for these babies? And which are better, canvas or vinyl?

TIA,

LC
I only have experience with vinyl so don't know which is better for sure. I would guess vinyl. Search classifieds on here and look on ebay for covers. Lots out there, especially since you don't need the bows/etc.

As for side pics, it's raining its ass off here today so I'll snap some side pictures tomorrow.

mikeroot2

was there any tricks putting it on? im having a bitch of a time putting mine on
Cargo cover? or Cab cover?

Cargo:
Not really. I had a freind to help. Don't know if it makes a difference, but there is a "front" and "rear" to the cover. It looks the same, but on the inside of the cover near one of the end curtains it says "REAR".

I got the whole kit, cover, bows, coners, etc. The "frame" went together easy.
The hardest part was getting the cover over the frame(pretty windy). It was kinda bunched up in a few spots, but once I had it secure and drove a while it all evened out.

Cab Cover:
I went from a hard top to a soft top so it was a little tricky figuring it out since I had no experience with them and bought the cover and frame from two seperate sources, thus no instructions.

There is a "groove" above the windshield that the edge of the cover has to be slid into to.

The easiest way I found was to flip the cover upside down on the hood with the back closest to the grill.

I started on the passenger side and slowly slid the edge of the cover through the groove all the way across to the drivers side, then flipped the cover upright onto the cab.

There are two more grooves running vertically behind the driver and passenger side windows that the cover edges have to be slid into as well.

Then just stick the turn button fasteners through the correct holes and twist them to lock.

PM me if you still need help. I could take some close up pictures inside and out and email them to you. or give me a call(PM for my number)