• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Those Military Guys HID Headlights

trider

I wanted to give you guys my experience with the HID headlights that Those Military Guys sell. I ordered them and they arrived promptly. The installation isn't rocket science just several steps but nothing difficult. Parts of both headlights didn't work when they arrived. When it was all said and done I have to send the entire headlight or parts of the HID headlight back to them 3 different times. They paid the return shipping each time so I was not out of pocket just a little bit of a headache as I didn't have two working headlights for over two weeks but finally go them both functional. They are super bright and I really like the color and how well they light up the road. Prior to tonight I have driven it in the dark one time to test them out. On my way home today from a trip into town the drivers side headlight stopped working. aua Those Military Guys have been really great about getting me the parts needed to fix everything and always answer the phone when I call and always email me back promptly when I had a problem. It is very frustrating that one of them has stopped working again. I have a $265 set of headlights that have lasted a total run time of about 30 minutes together. I have checked all the connections and there are no loose or disconnected wires that I can find. Just wanted everyone to know my experience with these HID headlights so you can make an informed decision if you are thinking about buying a set. When I was looking to buy I couldn't find much in the way of reviews on these HID headlights. I have nothing bad to say about Those Military Guys and their customer service.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went with the Halogen upgrade and they work well, now that i wired them in correctly. Their labeling on the wires was incorrect, with the ground and high beam labels switched. Once I worked it out, they are nice.

I did the backup lights today, wires are JUST long enough to meet in middle before going to front of truck, but they work well enough.

bonedoc

I went with the Halogen headlights as well. No problems as of yet. I've purchased many items from Those Military Guys and so far have worked as expected. Their customer is great as well.

peashooter

Trider, I feel bad for all the problems you are having on your truck....with new parts even. First the MRAP wheels, then the Headlights. If it makes you feel any better (misery loves company right). Many of us that have switched lights over to the LED type are having problems too and they just die, no repair possible that any of us have found since the problems all lie on a multi-layer circuit board encapsulated in hard potting.

Gunzy

Are the HID lights DOT approved? They have to be marked right on the front surface of the head lamp if so.

DeucesWild11

I run the stock headlights with LED driving lights on a separate toggle switch. $50 for the lights on amazon and some wire and switch.. all good no issues and plenty of light.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've tried the HID's in my wife's Denali that are made overseas. They didn't last long. Right now, I'm trying a set in my fog laps in my JK unlimited. So far, so good, but I specifically looked for a certain ballast type. If I have any more problems, I'm just going to start moving towards LEDs exclusively.

Jeep Nasty

I'm running thosemilitaryguys HID lights on my truck for a few weeks now and they are working great. I drive the truck everyday. I'd say that pulling off the ground wires on each side and sanding down to bare metal to make sure your ground is really good is key with these. The only issue I have right now, I believe to be in my dimmer switch. It switches to high beams no problem, but when I switch back to low beams they turn off completely and I have to turn light switch off then on again to turn on.