• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thoughts on overdrive.... has the tcase been looked at?

jatonka

Anyone remember the 5x4 twin sticks in 10 wheelers back in the 50s and 60s? That was a 5 speed with a 4 speed auxillary behind it. one arm through the steering wheel to steer and shift 5 speed and one arm on the brownie(auxillary) I used to do it so anyone can. Or, fit a double overdrive roadranger to your multifuel and move the transfer case back. It's a real lot of work but you could pull stumps and 747s, and still go fast. JT out

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ditto on the parking brake.. It serves as a reminder to use the wheel chocks. Not going to strip and remanufacture the truck, so don't want to do anything real radical, there doesn't seem to be a bolt-on for an OD to the M35 T-case.. . My favorite suggestions are Tom's tranny mod and the "big huge wheels" add-on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks