• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thread display option for classifieds.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Number of threads in classifieds

I'm guessing this option has always been set to it's default for me, and probably for most everyone else. I really don't spend much time in the individual forums, unless I'm creating a post, so I never noticed it.

However, given our new classified arrangement (forum based), this option is particularly annoying because you can't see ads older than 7 days. And, you can't bump your own ad if it's been more than 7 days unless you go to your subscriptions or search by your username in the forum. VERY Annoying.aua

To set it for more than 7 days, do the following:

Go to your User CP (in the bar under the SS logo/heading) and click "Edit Options" in the "Settings & Options" section on the left. Then, scroll down to "Thread Display Options" and change the last drop-down to be something more useful than 7 days.

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a follow-up for clarification. You can change this setting each time you go into a forum. It is at the bottom of the page, but it does not persist between visits, so if you want to have it display when you go into any forum, change it in your preferences.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks