• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Threading on the CUCV fire extinguisher bracket?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it shown in a parts TM?

cucvrus

I think they may be # 6/32" not 100% sure but go to a hardware store they are about .20 each. Most guys will let you walk in and out and try several sizes. But for less then a $ maybe not.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not all the same either - one of my M1009s had SAE size bolts, one took metric. :confused:

I wrote the sizes down somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and post. I just tried different bolts til I found the right ones.

Cheers

edpdx

I've found a couple of places on my '09 where odd screws were needed. I ended up spec'ing them at 7mm. The problem was that they were not stock at any of the usual places. I finally found some at the farm store.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks