• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throttle Cable Again [emoji31]

Truckyea

Hi guys, I'm have the same trouble everyone else seems to have with these darn things.
It's impossible to grind the crimp off the Y270 cable without causing slight damage to the cable it's self.
This time i've gone through 2 in a week, my 3rd cable install over all.

Anyone know if there is a Lokar or something anything else than these parts store replacements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckyea

I went ahead and got another #Y270 throttle cable from my local Advanced Auto Parts.
This time I did not bother removing the crimp.
I just simply used some pliers to slide the plastic firewall connection off the cable sleeve till it was out of the way.
I then cut the rubber off with a utility knife about 1 inch or more further away from the original end of the sleeve.
Follow by cutting the inner flexible metal sleeve with wire cutters.
Then I just help the metal sleeve with pliers in one hand and unraveled it with the old wire cutters. Took less than 15 mins total.
When done I just slid the plastic firewall connection back into place.

Truckyea

This is essentially doing the same thing and removing the crimp from the cable, but faster, easier and better.