• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throttle Cable and Engine Stop Cable Issue

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings

I have an issue with my throttle cable moving on its own and the idle slowly rising. I replaced the throttle return spring and cleaned and lubricated the accelerator pedal an associated linkage to no avail.

I am not sure my cables are routed properly and want to confirm as I plan to install new cables and want to install and adjust per TM 9-2320-209-20-3-1 ref. page 4-157. The current setup is missing the clamping bolt throuh the firewall and the existing hole doesn't appear to be large enough to fit the clamping bolt. It also seems that maybe my engine stop cable is not routed through the correct hold in the firewall.

Does anyone have pictures I could reference as the b/w pics in the TM arent helping a whole lot for me.

The red circle is the engine stop and the blue is the throttle cable as noted in the attached picture.2F8AB0A1-C66A-4C54-B279-BB991869B7A4.jpeg

Thank you in advance

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should I drill the current hole so I can use the correct clamping bolt? The current hole is too small.

569FD1BE-33D3-4EC0-963A-7D5FF6710096.jpeg

Last edited:

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The clamping bolt is part 13+14 in the diagram below, where the cable passes through the firewall now is only big enough for the cable, not the proper bolt. I assume I should enlarge the hole to use the proper bolt or it currently routed incorrectly. The second diagram shows the clamping bolt I am referring to in the firewall.

EF5940C1-5D18-40F9-A8E5-9C06651189F0.jpegOpen TM9-2320-209-20-3-1.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks