• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

throttle cable Question

tourus

so a few weeks ago(memorial weekend Sunday) the throttle cable broke on my 1010. loaded with a 4 wheeler and camping gear a 3 day camping trip off the wheeler. headed home the throttle cable breaks half way home only 40 more mile to go. call the local Napa store don't have one in stock can have one for Tues. morning. Great order it . call a good friend to go to my house and take the cable off my 1028 and bring it to me. he does get home work a few weeks go to the Napa store yup here is your cable bring it home try to put on the truck it is to short damm . back to NAPA store. look for any other GM product the might have one that is longer but the only other on listed is shorter than the one I have looked at all GM products (vans blazers pickups step vans ) nothing.

So I look through the Tec. manuals could not find a part number for the throttle cable everything around it but not the cable. SO the Big Question is does any body Know the part number for the throttle cable????

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you took the time to look, I looked also.

TM 9-2320-289-34P, Figure 25, page 25-1, item #1

14038644, Control, Assembly, PU

Other have looked for the cable and as you have found the Dorman units are too short. Antennaclimber found some awile back and bought them all. I don't remember the cost but it was ALOT higger than what the Dorman units are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks