• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throttle linkage sticking

russ132

I am having issues with my throttle sticking. I have searched for answers and not found a lot of information other than to make sure to check the linkages and the return spring. I have done both of these and still have sticking. I believe that something might be gunked up in the injection pump at the point where the linkage enters near the bottom of the pump. I am talking about the box at the bottom back end of the pump where the throttle linkage enters the pump. My question is box has anyone taken this area apart to clean it? Is there any surprises or springs just waiting to pop out at me? I can return the throttle manually by pulling the throttle pedal back with my foot but that is getting old and the problem is getting worse. Thank you all for your time.

Amram

Mine was doing the same thing when I came back from a 5 month deployment. I sprayed pb blaster all over all moving parts and pivot points. I then replaced the throttle return spring and now everything works as it should. I would replace your spring and see how that treats you.

Amram

Also disconnect the linkage from the IP and move the throttle back and forth on the IP to verify nothing is sticking. The likely hood that it is your IP is very slim. I will go down and look at my spare IP in my garage and tell you if I find anything that could cause a probem on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks