• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throttle return spring diagram?

hambo

I started my deuce a few days ago and it was revving right up to about 2100 rpms when I would start it. Figured out that my pedal is sticking. I have sprayed the linkage with wd40 to no avail. I looked at the linkage and I cannot see where a return spring would go so I was wondering if anyone has a diagram of the linkage to help me figure out where I would put the new spring once I find one? Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotta love the TMs for this type of issue.

In two shakes of a lambs tail, I found this in the -20P TM.

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started my deuce a few days ago and it was revving right up to about 2100 rpms when I would start it. Figured out that my pedal is sticking. I have sprayed the linkage with wd40 to no avail. I looked at the linkage and I cannot see where a return spring would go so I was wondering if anyone has a diagram of the linkage to help me figure out where I would put the new spring once I find one? Thanks
Make sure the accelerator pedal mounting pin is free moving. I have seen these get sticky/stuck and will not allow the pedal to return. Item #29 in the excellent diagram posted by doghead.

Attachments

hambo

Thanks doghead and echo. Assuming that big long spring is the throttle return spring, my spring looks to be in good shape. The mounting pin also seems to be moving freely. I lubed it with WD40. If I push the pedal down, it only comes back halfway, I have to pull it back the other half

rustystud

Thanks doghead and echo. Assuming that big long spring is the throttle return spring, my spring looks to be in good shape. The mounting pin also seems to be moving freely. I lubed it with WD40. If I push the pedal down, it only comes back halfway, I have to pull it back the other half
Your spring is probably worn out. Either that or the hinge pin for the pedal is sticking. Remove the linkage from the pedal, and see if the pedal moves freely. If not then remove the pin and clean it up and lube it. If it still will not return freely then you have something in the pump sticking.

rolling18

I have "temporarily" for about a year! lol... fixed this problem by using a rubber bungee "assistant" strap hooked from the spring assembly to the front area so far works good

Jeepsinker

Better yet, replace the spring and clean and lube the pedal pivot pin. Although the pivot pin sticking is the most common problem, the return spring being in good shape is a safety concern. Replacement springs are cheap and plentiful.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I need to replace throttle that spring NSN 5360 00 0753 9129 part 7539129
and would like to double spring it, like one inside the other as had to be done on cars.
Has anyone done that? Also Erik wants $5.50 for it but 10.55 to ship it. Any ideas?
It is .500" O.D. with free length of 4.125" and under load it is 9.00" but it is 2 pounds deflection per inch, which gives a good pedal feel. Help with double spring?
TM 9-2320-361-20P section ll