• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throttle "searching" changing RPM

MrChuckles

I have a M925 A0 American General truck that I love. I have a question about the throttle. I've searched the TM's and didn't see an answer. Perhaps someone here can help me stabilize the throttled RPM.

The problem is this. I twist the throttle counter clockwise a bit, pull it out to the desired RPM, and then twist it clockwise to lock it. I have to be careful though, because sometimes the RPM begin to rise, and sometimes they fall off to idle. Is this something you might have also experienced, and if so, how did you fix it? I, admittedly haven't done much under the hood to chase down the throttle line, but thought I'd ask here to perhaps save some work.

Thanks,

Chuck

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They all do it. There is no load on the engine and it just runs up on the fuel the engine is supplied. If there is a load on the motor, like a pto they will hold the rpms

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks