• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throw Out Bearing Grease Fitting

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im just shocked for the past 2 years, i thought i was greasing the throwout bearing. it seems like you would almost never have to grease the shaft though... i would think the throwout bearing would be more important to get grease. who knows, some of our trucks could have 30 year old grease in the throwout bearings. how long will that last?

tsstout

I was told by an Army mechanic to make sure and hit that zert... I assumed, incorrectly, it was the throwout without actually looking... but I must take from his comment, the greasing thereof is important... NO??? and I believe it's on the lube order also....

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only way to grease the bearing is to put it in a "grease press".
When my dad and i were working on my trasmission on the bench, we took the throwout bearing out and packed it by hand almost like a wheel bearing. there was small gap around the bearing to pack grease, so we packed some in there and it spins nice. so it is possible to grease it... just have to pull the transmission to do it.