• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

throwing in the towel!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

padolin

Im giving up. Im selling my MEP-701A. It runs really great!! It just wont generate electricity. I dont know enough about these things to be able to fix it.

Im in WV. If anyone is interested in this thing, come and get it!!

donaldl

Padolin; I made a log splitter out of a MEP002a engine. Cycle time is cut in half but it splits at idle and is cheaper to run.And the day will come when gasoline will only be for the rich.Remember....diesel can run off of vegetable oil.

padolin

Now, i would be interested in doing that for sure. Do you have any plans for doing that or did you just start welding and thats what you came up with?

dmetalmiki

There you go! some interest aroused, make use of the unit, and just mebb'e an electrical piece (needed) will come your way. Then you will wish you had kept hold of it.

Ratch

Ha! That's what I had planned when I messaged you about buying the engine. My log splitter is a gasser now, but I'd like to swap it over to diesel. Mine is a commercially produced splitter with very similar motor, so my case would be a simple matter of swapping the engine.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone is interested in this thing, come and get it!!
For free?

If it's free it needs to be listed in "pay it forward".

If it's not free, it needs to be in the classifieds and pricing added.

donaldl

Now, i would be interested in doing that for sure. Do you have any plans for doing that or did you just start welding and thats what you came up with?
I picked up the MEP002a for less than $400. It was a rebuilt engine only.I had to machine a steel drive plate for it,with bolted on stub shaft from Ebay, and luckily it ended up running true.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm closing the thread because it's unclear if this is a classified ad or not.

The OP can contact me and if this is cleared up we can open it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks