• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tie down your batteries.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find it conceivable that someone will read this thread and as a result will secure a battery they would not otherwise have secured.

Thanks are due to the OP for posting his mistake so that others can learn from it instead of having to make their own similar mistakes...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I find it conceivable that someone will read this thread and as a result will secure a battery they would not otherwise have secured.
Thanks are due to the OP for posting his mistake so that others can learn from it instead of having to make their own similar mistakes...
Yup... I'm pretty sure I would never have told anyone about my little "incident" if the OP hadn't fessed up first.:driver:

CUCVLOVER

Heck I'll share a minor one.

I've got an old cj5 jeep I play around off road with, and when I put deep cycle batt in since the one that was one was dead for some reason, the bungee cord didn't fit around it.
So some paracord and I'm back in business. Well I drive this old jeep hard sometimes and it had a small radiator leak well I stopped to check the coolent and when I opened the hood I didn't see the battery.
It had broke the rope and fell off the holder and landed on a plug wire right where it goes on the distributer and the starter selonoid. Its possible it could have fell down and got jammed between the frame rail and the engine block.

The only time I've been glad I had a radiator leak

Flyingvan911

I have to take the son's side here. Was he told not to go offroading? Did he know the batteries were not secured? And, he was using it for it's intended purpose.

carleckenrode

HI FLYINGVAN911
I am taking half baybe 70% of the blame for not tying down the batteries. He was given permission only to pick up his girlfriend, and not to go off roading.
I have it on the road again. Removed the radiator had it repaired and reinstalled it. No leaks. I made a 8 inch U and connected the In and out coolant lines at the transmission. Temporary fix until I can get the new coolant lines made and installed. I think I will save the U Bypass for emergencies.
Carl

MarcusOReallyus

HI FLYINGVAN911
I am taking half baybe 70% of the blame for not tying down the batteries. He was given permission only to pick up his girlfriend, and not to go off roading.
Yup.

Always amazes me that many supposed adults seem to think a problem is always on one side or the other. "I take HIS side!" "I take HER side!"

It's rarely that simple.

Glad you got it back together. :beer: